Partnerships and participation
The pages in this section are being developed to cover the processes of community participation, and building partnerships between different interests, both 'real world' and online.
- The Guide to Development Trusts and Partnerships, published 1998. A guide to creating non-profit organisations for community renewal.
- An Introduction to Partnerships, offering a brief overview of the nature of local partnership organisations,
- An A-Z of Partnerships and Networks provides more detailed guidance to issues in the field.
- A set of information sheets providing more detail on creating trusts.
- The Guide to Effective Participation A comprehensive guide to the wider issues of community involvement.
- Dancing while standing still - Drew Mackie argues that partnerships are failing to deliver, and people are suffering participation overload
- Some Other Internet resources on partnership and participation.
- …. if you are interested in online communities and collaborations, take a look at our sister site http://www.makingthenetwork.org
For recent research commissioned by the UK Government on public participation in local government see http://www.local.odpm.gov.uk/research/part.htm
If you wish to use any material, please let me know email@example.com.